Pokémon ωвт¢
Hello, and welcome to the Wifi Battle Trade Center forums! Please remember to read all of the rules before posting and remember to respect the other members mingling about!

Welcome to the Pokémon ωвт¢ forums!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Muk Analysis

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Muk Analysis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:25 pm


Muk
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/089.shtml

Overview:
• Muk makes for a great Defensive Pokémon boasting great base stats of 105/75/100.
• Muk can become offensive with 105 base Attack.
• A viable movepool to use giving it different options.
• Poor typing, hitting little, unreliable STAB and weak to Ground- and Psychic-type moves.
• Only has a base Speed stat of 50.

Movesets:

FFFF- Poison Hax!


- Poison Jab
- Brick Break/ Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect/ Explosion/ Rest
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers/ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Hand(Skin)
EVs: 216 HP/ 68 Attack/ 224 Defense


Muk is a pretty cool Pokémon overall, especially because it spells Kum backwards. All joking aside, Muk can be a pretty decent wall and Dream World gave a nifty Ability to go along its impressive Attack. Poison Hand (or Poison Skin) makes it so you have a 20% to Poison the foe after hitting them with a move that makes contact. The staple to this set is Poison Jab, which already has a 30% chance of Poisoning, giving you a 50% chance to Poison your foe every Poison Jab. Unfortunately, Poison has pretty bad coverage overall, and Steel-types are immune to it. Brick Break remedies this, hitting Steel-types for Super Effective damage, although Skarmory and Forretress will still enjoy setting up on you. Ice Punch can be used for better coverage instead. Shadow Sneak is nice to hit Shandera and is good priority in general. The last move is up to you; Protect is nice for scouting and getting Leftovers recovery, Explosion makes Muk go out in style, and Rest is Muk's best way of healing itself since Pain Split is illegal with Poison Hand. 216 HP EVs give it a favorable stat of 405 for overall bulk. 68 Attack EVs give it some hitting power, and the rest is dumped into its Defense.

Curse You Muk!


- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break/Focus Punch
- Shadow Sneak
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers/ Black Sludge/ Lum Berry
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 216 HP/ 36 Defense/ 252 Special Defense


Curse makes Muk a potent sweeper having a high HP stat, good Special Defense and an impressive Attack stat. The moves are pretty obvious, Poison Jab provides STAB and a good chance to Poison the foe. Shadow Sneak has priority which is good for someone as slow as Muk and coupled with Brick Break has near-perfect coverage. Focus Punch can be used for more power, but is a little risky as it takes good predicting to use it and won't always work late-game. With counters removed, Muk can easily come in and set up its sweep. Entry hazards really help Muk to pull off a sweep as well, making this a bit easier for it. You'll either want Leftovers recovery or a Lum Berry to get rid of troublesome Burns.

Choice Band


- Poison Jab/ Gunk Shot
- Brick Break/ Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak/ Explosion
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
Trait: Poison Hand/ Stench
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed


With decent defensive stats and a good Attack stat, Muk makes for a good candidate as a Choice band wielder. With entry hazard support, it can cause a lot of damage. Poison Jab is the main STAB, but Gunk Shot has a lot more power, with less Accuracy though. Brick Break hits Steel-types, but Focus Punch has more power. Ice Punch gives it more coverage. Shadow Sneak for priority, but Explosion can be used to hurt something when Muk is at low health. The EVs are straightforward, and ideal for a Choice Band set. If a hard hitter with good bulk is needed, consider Muk on your team. Poison Hand gives you a chance to wear down opponents faster, especially with entry hazards. Stench is the lesser option, bring a once-useless Ability. In the 5th generation, Stench has a 10% chance of causing the enemy to flinch when attacked, but doesn't work well with Muk's low Speed stat.


Counters:

Hi, Streaker here! I'm here to introduce Oxy Clean! Well, it gets rid of stains doesn't it?
Muk's real greatest counters though are those that carry Earthquake or a powerful Psychic, which has become more common with Fighting-types running around here and there. Steel-types, namely Skarmory and Forretress, can not only easily set up on Muk, but take little damage. Skarmory can just PHaze muk away too.

Dream World:

I've went through Poison Hand a bit on the first set. It gives Muk a 20% chance of Poisoning the foe on contact. Pretty decent, but it isn't like Toxic, Poison Fang or two layers of Toxic Spikes.



Last edited by Streaker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://pokemonwbtc.yolasite.com/

2 Re: Muk Analysis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm gonna finish this later. Feedback is still welcome.

EDIT: All done, go ahead and give me your thoughts and C&C.



Last edited by Streaker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile http://pokemonwbtc.yolasite.com/

3 Re: Muk Analysis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Devyne

avatar
Admin
Admin
cure your kum >.<

View user profile http://pokemonwbtc.forumsmotion.com

4 Re: Muk Analysis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Devyne wrote:cure your kum >.<
Actually the set's called "Curse You Muk!", thank you very much sir. :>_>:

View user profile http://pokemonwbtc.yolasite.com/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum